Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Spiritual Disciplines

What are some spiritual disciplines that you find most helpful in strengthening your connection with God? I would love to hear form you... here are a couple of mine...

I find that when I worship in song, I am drawn very near to God. I absolutely love praise and worship time. There is so much power in music already, but when you make the music all about God and glorifying Him, recognizing Him, giving Him rightful place in your heart and mind, and bowing yourself before Him it is all consuming. Through the lyrics you are praying, calling out to Him, denying yourself, lifting Him up, and seeking Him knowing He will fill you. It is such an awesome way to let go and become immersed in the Lord, connecting with Him on a very intimate level. It is even more powerful when you are among others all worshipping together. You see how God can touch and connect with everyone and unite everyone all together for one purpose. It is beautiful. I have also found just having praise music on in the background during the day as I work helps my spirit and mood and I am more self-controlled in my actions.

Another way I feel strength in my connection with God is through study. When I get into the word and learn more about whom He is, what He desires for us, how we can better serve Him, etc I come alive. I love it when the spirit speaks to me and makes things known. Revelation is such a life-giving experience. You can feel God reaching out to you; feel His love for you, as he builds His relationship with you. He shows how he knows you, cares for you and desires for you to know Him. He wants to sit with you and listen, He wants you to ask questions, He wants you to express your feelings and thoughts and He desires to bestow love and truth. He is such a loving father and teacher and when I feel that connection through enlightenment I feel the truth that I am His child. There is nothing better!

No comments:

Post a Comment