Wednesday, March 24, 2010

compelled to GO!

If I am to be consumed, may it be by the fire of loving my Lord. May the things of the world not hold my affection or control me in any way. May I love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength and love my neighbor as myself. I am your servant, your disciple, your missionary, your child. May my life be an offering unto you, my King.

I know I can tend to get comfortable in my life, in my house, with my family, and my responsibilities, etc. I can be consumed by my drives, my burdens, and pains. Yet, I cry from the inside to wake up and stop letting idleness, selfishness, and fear take over whenever this feeling of comfort creeps in; from within I am compelled to GO! I am not sure I can quite explain this urgency in my heart.

The idea of just living our little lives for ourselves, our own plans or ideas or achievement or comfort, just makes my spirit grieve. We are not here for consumption, dominance, pursuit of pleasure, or ourselves in general. We are here to pursue God and lead others to pursue Him. I don’t feel right when I am not actively serving, loving, and relating to my community somehow; when I feel disconnected to the people and in my own little world. My heart burns for more relationship existence with those in the world around me.

We can be deceived by lies causing our faith/walk to slip during disobedience when we are not fully arming ourselves in Christ daily. I know for me, many times in the past I have made excuses for why I can’t serve; my kids, lack of knowledge or skill, time, confidence, etc. Sometimes I am just plain lazy. I become consumed with myself or my comfort or my problems. Sometimes our lives can be too overwhelming for us to want to even think about serving anyone anywhere. Other times it has just been fear holding me back. It can also be hurt and pain from past experiences that keep me from jumping head first into something; where I feel I am protecting myself by not doing it. There are many reasons for why I have denied opportunities in front of me.

Now I know we can’t do everything that is brought before us. We need to pray and seek God daily on what He desired for us to move in. But if our tendency is to say NO most of the time, then we need to take an inner look at our hearts. If it is fear and pain holding us back then we need to find ways to get help and work through those and heal and move past them and not let them cripple us. God can use our hurts, pains, trials, journeys, etc as we serve. They should not keep us from serving but should be used to propel us more into service. We should be asking God to show us how we can be used in spite of or due to those pains. If it is laziness or excuses, then we need to just get over ourselves and suck it up. Again, assess and work through and heal whatever issues might be causing that stagnation or attitude and wake up to what is important and what our calling is. We need to be reminded of the example of laying down our life; only then can we truly come alive.

1 Thes. 5:14 “And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone.”

Romans 12 1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
3For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. 4Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 7If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.
9Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
14Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
17Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. 20On the contrary:
"If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."[e] 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Yes Lord!

I desire more simplicity. I desire more community. I desire life lived together. I desire not just reaching out, but reaching into. I desire Christ seen in me. I desire to see Christ in others. I desire to spread the gospel. I desire to see holy passions ignited in people’s lives. I desire to see lives made new; hearts changed. I desire healing for hurting souls. I desire to bring and see revival in the land; eyes opened causing people running hard, fast, and free after the Lord. I desire to see lives laid down. I desire to be God’s hands, feet, voice, shoulder, etc. I desire to see God being given glory and praise. I desire to be and see love in action; people loving people. I desire for truth to be proclaimed in the streets. I desire for my life to be a living sacrifice. I desire to go and make disciples and proclaim His name among the earth.

Here I am Lord, send me. Lead me daily to walk in your shoes to your people with your message for your glory! I will be your witness. "I will not be silent, NO. I will not be quiet anymore." "I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done..." psalm 118:17
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment