Saturday, March 28, 2009

not ready?

Ok, I so want to do the triathlon, been waiting so long to do one now. But I think it is too soon to do one, especially one a little bigger than I had wanted to do for a first timer. I am so out of shape and my joints are having issues. I think my body is still getting back to normal after having the baby. I don't remember it taking this long to recuperate in the past with my other two kids. The running not only gets me winded but it is a little hard on my knees so I think I should stick to the eliptical, bike, swimming type stuff for now. So that means now running 3 miles in a triathlon, lol. I hate to back down after just agreeing to do this event, but I think I was just eager to do it. I am already passing up a smaller triathlon at our YMCA next weekend because I knew that would be too soon, and that one would have been a great one to do. Hopefully I can do the one I was going to do last summer, it is at the end of July. So we will see. For now I will stick to my 6 day workout fat loss routine and work my way up to triathlon training from there. I could still use the prayers and support though, thanks.

Chrissy

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you. Completing a triathlon is a goal of mine, and has been for a while. I saw the one at our Y, but it is just too soon for me too. I hope they do another one this year!! I think I'm going to stick with the M'boro half in September. We're back at it, and that is the main thing, right??!!

    ReplyDelete