Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Steppin it up

Ok, I have been working out again for about 2 wks now... well, last night I was contacted by a friend who is a trainer and she asked me if I wanted to join her and some friends in a mini triathlon on April 26th. I said i would do it and so now with my workout today I have started gearing myself to prepare for it. Yes, I know I am crazy! I just had a baby 8 wks ago and i still have weight to lose from that and I have never done a tri before. But I have been wanting to do one for a long time. I actually was supposed to do my first one last July right before I turned 30, but I got preggo, lol. So, I am going to need a lot of wisdom, energy, stamina, prayers, and support. I do not want to overdo it in anyway or push myself too hard. But I do need to be able to finish the thing. That's the goal, just finish it! It is an indoor triathlon consisting of 1 mile swim, 15 mile bike, and 3 mile treadmill run. I am going to need to go shopping for a new swimsuit, blah.

I was training for fat loss, but now I need to focus my training more on the event, so that means steppin it up and doin some major sweating and breathing. Today as part of my workout, I first decided to jog a mile straight through just to see if I could do it and see how long it took me (since I haven't really jogged in like 11 months. Well, right into it I was already tired and wanted to stop but i pressed on. I did it without stopping but it was a horrible time, 12:38 at a speed of 4.7-5.0 and my heart rate stayed in the mid to high 170's. Man am I out of shape.

I will keep you updated on how the training goes. I am looking fwd to getting in shape!

Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment